Friday, March 24, 2006

My Father's Journey - Part 3

Before you read the next installment of My Father's Journey, please read the first two installments...
My Father's Journey - Part 1
My Father's Journey - Part 2
During the months that have transpired since I learned of David's battle with cancer I have been quite overwhelmed and greatly encouraged by the number of people around the world who have written of their support, and others that I have met personally who have expressed wonderful faith in David's ultimate healing. Many have shared how their lives have been changed and transformed through David's ministry, and we have all been learning so many things in greater depth concerning the nature of God's love and compassion for us all.

Every day it seems as though the Lord has given special words of direction for David out of the Word of God. It is wonderful how David has been able, in the midst of suffering, to maintain a tremendous declaration of faith in the ultimate purposes of God. Many times he has been going out to the hospital to pray for other sick folk and they have been greatly encouraged.

Two things have emerged very strongly and have been re-enforced within my heart. The first is based on a study we wrote in "The King's Table" called "Adversity is a Plus" and I have grown to realise that every miracle that God has performed, expressed throughout Scripture, happened at times when the people were locked in extreme circumstances of adversity. So this situation of David's is a perfect scenario for God to perform another of His great miracles. The second thing that I've been encouraged with again is the great part that the trial of faith plays in our lives, for God reminds us that the trial of faith is not the trial of failure but the trial of faith, and it is in that experience when the character of God is formed in us, and this is more precious than gold (1 Peter 1:6-7).

At every stage of the Journey so far we have seen significant answers to prayer and these have come as a great encouragment. Yesterday David got the results of the latest scan which showed that in the last three months the cancer has not advanced or spread. We thank the Lord for this and feel that the miracle is not far away. He feels strongly about this too.

At the moment David is sleeping well and eating well and beginning to feel stronger, although in the last week or so, because of weakness, he has found it difficult to write in his blog. He has felt badly about this because he wants to communicate with you and because he hasn't had the strength to write he feels that he is letting people down. We have, of course, been encouraging him that people understand.

Bunty and I feel very proud of the family for their strong faith for David. The times we have had with David and Elena and their children in prayer and communion together have been very precious, and David's sister, Rebecca, who is in Thailand with Timothy and their seven children, has been keeping in close touch with David and the whole family have been praying together for him. The Scripture reminds us that God is always at his work (John 5:17) and He who has begun a good work in us will complete it (Philippians 1:6). So, day by day, we live with great expectation of the visitation of the Lord to David and the ministry of His angels to him (Hebrews 1:14).

9 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, So good to find an entry in your blog and to read your fther's journey - part 3. This coming Thursday, March30th at 1:30 p.m. San Antonio, Texas they will remove my gallbladder and check on the small growth in the wall. We are believing the Lord here at Oasis (Dennis Davis and all) for a good report and no stones in the duct and a complete healing. I continue to pray for you David. Many blessings to you and your family and your parents, Paul and Bunty., Valerie,valeriej01@earthlink.net

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,we know first hand of the healing power of God. He is faithful and his word is true and complete. Know that we along with so many others around the world have the strength to stand in faith in times when you cannot. I was dog tired the other night when God led me through prophetic prayer for you and I finished with a knowledge that he is with you and you are being heavily guarded in the spiritual realm. What a beautiful vision of angels laying hands on you to bring through all the prayers from those who stand for you. We also pray for your wonderful family, for their strength and courage, tell Jess I miss her.
Love always
Jason and Melise Sutton

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, thank you for sharing with us your journey and updating us about David. As a family you all have been such a blessing in my life - and continue to be - and often I think of you. David, know that I am continuing with you all in prayer and believing with you for the manifestation of His healing in your body.
Love and blessings to you all

Kendal

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps David,
I thank you for writing; the joy of finding. I thank you for not writing, the romance of missing you. Either way, I thank God for you and the growth of being part of the journey with you.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us informed on Davids progress. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers and share your encouragement with our new church.

May God continually bless you and yours. Love Brad and Carol

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to what everyone else has said - WE ARE HERE - holding hands up in faith, sure of the victory and expectant of the blessing to come. We love you guys

Leeanne

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus that we don't need to bind the strongman, just plunder his goods [Luke 11:17-22]. Power to the plunderers of the attack on David!

We've with you in spirit (and hope to see you in person before too long).

Love

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor David- To address the comment in the last journal entry regarding a "concern about letting people down, when you don't write daily entries."....well... A parent raises children in such a way that the children know how to carry on. You have been pouring out a lot, for a long time, to help "raise Gods kids"....and we thank you for all your caring efforts. Know also, that is OK then, to take a break and enjoy the "rest of God," as you heal. God's kids are doing fine out there. The "Comforter brings us another Comforter (Spirit- New Man)" and the Holy Ghost protected the Scriptures for us. Much prayer covers the Body and Jesus lives! God richly bless you and yours.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEARS AND PRAYERS
- Dr. Paul Dhinakaran



For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them
(Matthew 18:20)
God brings miracles in your life through His presence. When Jesus was in this world, His very presence brought healing to the people. Everyone whom He touched was healed and so also whoever touched Him was also healed. Today, you also can touch the Lord through your prayers with a contrite spirit. When with tears in your eyes, you make your praises and petitions known through prayers He will grant you the desired miracles that you have been yearning for in your life. Just cry saying, “This is the time Lord! You are close by my side. Come into me. Touch and grant me your divine healing. Wipe away my tears. I will not leave You unless you touch me.”

When Jacob prayed with tears, the presence of God descended so much so that Jacob locked God within him. God could not move because the tears of Jacob united them. God begged Jacob saying, “Leave me Jacob! Throughout the night you have been clinging on to Me with tears. The daylight is coming and I have to leave. I will now bless, grant a new name and prosper you.”

In the same way, you can draw near God and touch Him through your prayers with tears and receive His blessings. I drew them with gentle cords, with bands of love, and I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck. I stooped and fed them. (Hosea 11:4).

Cry out today. Lock God and receive your blessings through your fervent prayers. The presence of God alone could bring miracles in your life. "For where two or three are gathered together in God’s (My) name, He is (I am) there in the midst of them" (Matthew 18:20).

When does God answer your prayers?

Anytime you call upon His name.

"For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him?” (Deuteronomy 4:7).

Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' (Isaiah 58:9).

When you cry out for help from God, He will answer, “My child! Why are you crying? I am right here by your side. What do you want me to do for you.”

Anytime you send your petition up He comes down to your aid.

Prayer:

Almighty God,

Listen to my prayer and remember my tears. Make me glad according to the days I have seen sorrow and fulfill the desires of my heart this day. I cast all my burden at Your feet knowing that You alone care for me. In Your immense love, grace and mercy perform mighty miracles in my life today.

In Jesus name I pray.


FEAR NOT
- Sis. Stella Dhinakaran



Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10)
My dear Friend! Perhaps you are anticipating the New Year with hope saying , “Last year I had faced enough of problems, let this New Year be a blessing for me” with a tinge of fear in your heart. I am an abandoned soul, would anything good ever happen to me? With such thoughts you may be troubled.

The Lord speaks directly to you through His word saying, “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10) Truly this is a wonderful promise from the Lord for you. Therefore, do not be troubled.

I know a certain woman whose husband suddenly passed away. All her kith and kin departed after the funeral. Some of them asked her, “How are you going to survive in this world alone with three children? You also have no possession.” Worry entered in and fear gripped her soul. The thought, “What would happen?” tormented her terribly. At that time, she rushed to her private room and called upon the Lord and said, “Lord! Please take over the responsibility of this family.” Immediately a divine joy and peace which the world cannot give filled her. Yes this divine peace came from the Lord Jesus Christ.

She started a small business and educated her children. The children understood the agony of the mother and studied well. God placed them in good positions. Their children told her, “Ma! It is enough that you have toiled for us thus far. Please be free from all the cares and keep praying for us. You can also minister the word of God.” Great joy filled that family.

The relatives who were worried as to what would happen to this family realized that when God is placed first He perfects everything with His goodness. In this New Year, the Lord will go before you and make the crooked places straight; He will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron (Isaiah 45:2).

Are your children not settled in life yet? Are you not blessed with the gift of a child? Do you have financial crunches? Whatever the problems may be, submit everything into the hands of our Lord Jesus Christ. Then the Lord who upheld this widow, strengthening her in a miraculous way would also hold you in His righteous right hand. With great hope seek the Lord. The Lord will help you see marvelous things.

Prayer

Almighty God,

Please look upon me this day. Take away all the fears that are tormenting me even as I have stepped into this New Year. Make all the crooked paths straight and go before me and make this New Year a blessed one for me. I offer all the thanks because I know that You would do this for me.

In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. Amen

Remain blessed,
John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home