Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Poem - Inner Hope

This is a poem that Joseph Teo, who is also on the pastoral team of Evangelical Community Church, wrote for me. It was a great encouragement to me, and I wanted to share it also with you.

Inner Hope

Have you seen a tiny seed,
Pushing through the soil,
Its very tiny leaves,
Striving to uncoil,
And stretching out its arms,
To the sun above,
They open out so slowly,
With a gentle, little shove.

Have you seen a raindrop,
Fall into a stream,
Flowing through a forest,
Of so many shades of green,
Every raindrops special
And needed in Gods plan,
As tiny as it seems to you,
Its still part of earths span.

These things give me hope,
That my lifes worthwhile too,
That God is there to help me,
And show me what to do,
He cares for me so much,
He sees my inner soul,
His purposes are all for good,
He longs to make me whole.

There's hope for me in Jesus,
The greatest hope of all,
He would not have me falter,
He would not have me fall.
But trust in Him for all things,
And watch, and hope, and pray,
His voice is there to guide me,
Hell lead me all the way,
So Ill look up in faith,
Just like the seeds and rain,
To Him this world is precious,
And He will come again.
Pastor Joseph Teo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home