Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The News

I got the results back from the CT scan, gastroscopy and other tests today, and the doctor has confirmed that I have stomach cancer.

A quick recap might be in order. I've had significant weight loss over the last few months (I've dropped about 23 kg or 50 lbs), and although this makes me look very good (I'm now down to 75 kg or 165 lbs, which was my weight when I got married 20 years ago!), it was concerning enough to get it checked out.

My appetite was fine, but for the last year, I've only be able to eat very small portions at a time -- the best kind of diet, they say :-)

I'm going in to the hospital again in two days time for another gastroscopy and a laparoscopy, in order to determine whether the cancer has spread outside the stomach. If it is contained in the stomach, the surgeon will remove the stomach (gastrectomy), which will remove the cancer and resolve the problem. If the cancer has spread, however, the prognosis changes considerably.

Whatever happens, I'm looking to the Lord for His grace, which is always totally sufficient for the situation!

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

I received the information with a bit mixed mind, but then after realizing that you are the Ark of covenant of God, I praised the Lord for what you are going through, Coz you are not alone. god Himself is in you.. And know what David, see Psalm 139:14.. You are not just a simple person, but you are WONDERFULLY made by God..


I Thank Jesus for you, my President. I am praying for you too. With much much love,
from Ruth in Tanzania.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home